Monday, March 12, 2007

Moby Dick


This is Moby Dick. He is a very special fish to us. When Seth & Darcy moved out of the apartment in July of 2001, they left behind a tank with 2 fish. They asked if I would take care of them. They forgot to give me a key when they left. I did not get a key until October.

When I saw the tank it was very low on water. I thought for sure the fish were dead. Out of the top of the water stuck the top of this fish. I quickly got a pail of water and put him in it. Unfortunately he was in there with a Tiger Barb who hard eaten his bottom fins off.
He has had his tough times: Once, about a year ago, he was found upside down. We put him in a medicated hospital tank just waiting, but he pulled through. Friday morning, he was found floating on the top of the tank. He is back in the hospital tank, but not doing very well. I am very surprised he was still alive this morning. He is a fighter! Levi checks on him a lot during the day.

No comments:

Any picture on my Blog can be enlarged by just clicking on it!