Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Storm~ Rochester


Coming home Sunday afternoon was very interesting. We had seen all of the flooding on the news before leaving Dad & Mom's house. Rochester was the first we had seen a glimpse. I remember as a child Rochester being flooded so this brought back memories. Hwy 14 was under water. The skies looked horrible and just as we got on I-90 the rain hit and hit so hard we had problems seeing the front of the truck. I am so thankful for cell phones. Steve's folks were calling from IA and my folks from MN keeping us up to date on what we were going to be driving into. I had my laptop on with Streets and Trips in case we had to take any detours. Right outside of LaCrosse a Sheriff's car went whizzing past. We found out later that the there where a lot of land slides on the bluffs along the interstate and the trees were sliding unto the road. If the police car had not been sitting right in front of the trees they would of been hit. We arrived safely home!! Our gauge said 3 3/4" of rain.

No comments:

Any picture on my Blog can be enlarged by just clicking on it!