Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas letter 2007



Ok, so I cheated this year when it came to my letter. My cards were a little heavier than I had intended and I just had to have a picture. If I had added just one more thing I do not think my envelope would of closed. So I decided this year I would post my letter here. I try to keep this pretty up-to-date. I love the fact that my family and friends can stop by anytime and see what we have been up to.

Well, Kaleb will be 17 in February. He takes his test for his license next week. I so pray he passes as I could really use a break from being chauffeur! He is in the 11th grade and doing well. He loves sports (alas the sports score widget on the right hand lower side of this blog.) He plays basketball one way or another every day, either on the court or on the X-box. He is so tall I do not like him standing by me because I feel so short...and old. Last I checked he is 6' 1".
*Edited to add that Kaleb is now a licensed driver!

Garrett just turned 12 in September. He is in the 6th grade. He and Kaleb discuss sports all of the time. I just remind them that it is fine as long as they know more about the people in God's Word than the sports guys. Garrett finished his last year of Pee-Wee football in October. His team went undefeated. He played football for 3 years and was undefeated 2 of those years. Not too bad! He will miss it but Home-schoolers cannot play after 6th grade. He is still playing his trombone and has really improved this year! He loves to play specials and practices all the time. He is hoping for a great wrestling season.

Levi also had a birthday in September. It is hard to believe he is 8 already and in the 2nd grade. He still loves math, which makes his mother very happy. His reading is improving and he is starting to enjoy that too. He loves to be dressed in camouflage and usually has some weapon (plastic of course) hidden somewhere on his body. We usually have to pat him down before leaving the house. :)

Seth turned 6 in June. He has had a rough year. We have seen soooooo many doctors this year. It turns out he has stopped growing. He has only grown 1" in 2 years. They have run so many tests on him and found nothing. It is neither genetic, medical or diet. You should see him eat! He will out eat Garrett any day. School is going better than it started out. He has a very short memory. One day we spent 5 hours on one letter and by the end of writing 2 rows he had no idea what it was or what sound it made. So we changed curriculum 2 more times and went a whole other way. He is now starting to pick things up. He can even write his name pretty well now.

Shelby turned 5 in May. She loves kindergarten. She zips right through math and always asks if she can do an extra chapter. She is growing so tall. Where is my baby girl going? She is a great help around the house, as are all of her brothers. She is always asking what she can help with. All my kids love to be in the kitchen cooking and Shelby is right there cooking and cleaning too. She loves carrying a purse and we have a content check quite often. She loves to take every thing with her. She will not leave the house without paper and an pen. If she is sitting she has to be writing or drawing. We say she is five-teen as she loves shoes, purses, and cell phones.

Steve is still at Walkers and running his computer business on the side. It seems the poor man is always on the run. I tease that I get to talk to him more on his cell phone than face to face. He coached Garrett's football team this year too. It is rough running every weekend to another game but at least we got to spend time together.

Debbi, well all is the same here. I obviously am still home-schooling and loving it. This is the first year I've had all of my kids in school. I also, obviously started blogging and am addicted to that too. I am still a demonstrator for Stampin Up! I even started a Stampin blog. I manage our church web-site and my Dad's web-site and enjoy learning while working with that. So I spend a lot of time on the computer. Thankfully my dear husband keeps me up on all of the gadgets to make my life easier.

Well, we pray you are all celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. I am so thankful that Jesus left heaven and came to earth as a little baby. Can you just imagine leaving heaven and coming to earth knowing He was coming to die for us? Coming to take the punishment we so greatly deserve. He took it all on himself. If you do not know Him personally please feel free to contact us. We would more than love to share with you how He has touched our lives.


*Edited to add that Heath and Lois live in Nebraska.
We hear from them often and miss them dearly.

No comments:

Any picture on my Blog can be enlarged by just clicking on it!