Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thank you

As many of you now know, or may of read in my last post, I have not been feeling well lately. As you can see by all of the pictures we spent last weekend (3rd-6th) visiting Heath and Lois in Nebraska and had a wonderful time. On our way to the zoo in Omaha on Saturday I had what I call an "episode" where I lost the use of the upper left hand side of my body. I am very stubborn (it is in both families gene pool) and was determined to spend this well planned and looked forward to day with my family who I love and miss so much. They tried very hard to talk me into seeing a doctor but I refused. So I downplayed it and went on with the zoo and mall. We returned home late Sunday night and I started teaching 25 4-6 yr olds in Bible School Monday morning. My left side was still weak and I was exhausted but I pushed on. I came home and slept the whole day away. That is so unlike me, but I just had no energy at all.

Well, come Thursday I could not take the migraines (going on 3 weeks everyday) and the constant fatigue so I called my doctor (duh huh?). They told me no appointment but to come in as soon as I could get there. Of course with my luck a horrible storm came through town and we ended up sitting in the hallway of the clinic for 45 minutes waiting for the sirens to stop and the all clear to be posted. He treated me for the migraines and I was on my way with a check up appointment next week. I was set back that he was not concerned about the weakness in my left side. After waiting for that prescription at Wal-mart for 1 1/2 hours (and $250 later) I finally got to go home and rest. Well, come Friday during Bible school it got progressively worse. I lost my hearing, taste, total use of left arm and the numbness started in my left leg. Kaleb, who is thankfully home this week from camp, took me to the emergency room. The doctor thought I may have had a mini stroke. After all the test and questions they think I may have something called migraine paralysis. I go in early next week for an MRI to rule out a stroke. I am on a very strong blood thinner (and took me off the stuff I had just spent 2 weeks of groceries on) as a precaution since I am allergic to aspirin.

I do have some use of my arm but that comes and goes. The more I use it the weaker it gets. I am thankful that I am right handed and for the wonderful family I have who treats me like a queen. I am so thankful for all of you and your prayers for me during this.

No comments:

Any picture on my Blog can be enlarged by just clicking on it!