Sunday, October 28, 2007

Seth's Palms



I just finished making Seth a weighted vest. The pressure of the weight is suppose to calm him when his anxiety rises. I put it on him and he said "Oh, Mom! I like the way this feels!" I am always after him about the way he holds his shoulders. Most people when they are standing put their hands at their sides. His hands are always in his front which makes his shoulder blades pop out like chicken wings. Right after I put the vest on him I noticed he holds his hands at his side! Whoo Hoo!! I am at this time (took the time to post this)working on a weighted blanket for him. It is suppose to comfort him to help him sleep more secure. I read of many Aspies who sleep under their mattresses. He has tried that numerous times, no more!!!!

We had a Doc appointment on Tuesday with the endocrinologist. His GHD levels are low but not low enough to be stopping his growth. His bone age was 5 yrs when he was 6.27, not a concern unless it was under 4.34 yrs. So they are now checking him for Celiac Disease. It would stop his body from absorbing the nutrients he needs from the foods he eats (and he eats plenty!). We should get the results from that sometime this week. He has only gained 5 lbs in 4 years.

Another thing the doc was shocked at was the lines in his hands. The right hand had both lines across where the left hand just has one straight line across. The doctor did not know what it meant, if anything, just found it interesting. He said he has never seen it before.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seths left hand looks like it has a star in the palm. Any thoughts??

Any picture on my Blog can be enlarged by just clicking on it!